Saturday, October 10, 2009

Family Home Evening Ideas that go terribly wrong!!

Family Home Evening is the ONE thing I make certain of every week. It is my kids favorite day of the week. I do try to plan out fun lessons with activities but sometimes they don't always turn out the way I think they will! For example, we had a lesson on forgiveness, we wrote down things we needed to "let go." Everyone got a balloon to put their slips of paper in. We headed outside to let our ballons/hurt feelings go. Ava wasn't excited about letting her balloon go. As we waved goodbye to our balloons. Dad was in the bushes with his bb gun shooting their balloon down!! The boys thought it was great and they wanted to take a turn. I think they will remember shooting the balloons down more than forgiveness but oh well...I tried. So the story behind the play dough, we had a lesson about bullies. The activity was with the play dough. The boys were very excited and I have to admit, I love the smell of play dough!! Ava ate more than she moulded. Jeremy and Ava were making this nice buck. I was really impressed then he added the deer droppings!! Will the boys remember the lesson on bullies or the deer droppings? At least we are doing family activities right?
*Ethan and his buck*

*Sam and his creation?*

1 comment:

  1. i thought jer was getting in the christmas mood and making a reindeer :)

    ReplyDelete